about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Seasons Change...Week 24

Season:  one of the four periods of the year (spring, summer, autumn, and winter), beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, but geographically at different dates in different climates.

Every morning on our way to my daughters school  we go past a ranch with a long row of big trees that surely change with the seasons but we hardly notice.  My kids and I have decided to embark on a project that will help us notice that gradual change on the trees.  My daughter Sophia  will take at least a weekly picture after school for a whole year, I will post it on my blog entry on Thursdays and my little one Xavi wants in it too so he will take a picture of some cows from a different ranch and improve his picture taking skills.

Spring has sprang at last!  It was just in time that I started the close ups...well actually last week was the first close up!   and just in time for Saint Patty's also.  These pictures were taken on 3-15-11 on a 75 degree weather.  I feel we are half way thru this project!!


Cow story:  the cows we used to take pictures of have been missing since December.  Kids are on the lookout!

This week we headed out to Zombieland to see if we could find any cows.  Now Zombieland is a dirt road that me and Xavi discovered one day when we  were just driving around our town.  First time we drove by it Xavi told me "what are you doing we're going to get killed here".   So of course we had to show Valeria and Sophia and that's when the kids decided that zombies inhabit the place...we drive that road once in a while just for the fun of it!...my husband well he does not like it very much because the truck ends up all full of dirt and he asks me..."where do you drive??  Have you been offroading??"

This is the dirt road that leads to Zombieland
It actually is a big yard surrounded by hills in which they store...well lots of junk

...and machinery of some sort, so for me this is a junkyard!
the kids were very excited, so when we picked up Sophia from School Xavi told her:  I've got the weapons in the car!!
This dirt road leads to a hill and you can see there is a house sitting up there!
We mostly stayed in the car (just in case we needed to make a quick getaway), but for the sake of the post the kids wanted to get off!
At the bottom of the hill where the house sits there are some abandoned mobile homes and more junk!
And this is the house on top of that hill...this is where the zombies live comfortably!

Now the kids think that the zombies ate the cows!!

compare to week 2 
compare to week 3
compare to week 4
compare to week 5
compare to week 6
compare to week 7
compare to week 8
compare to week 9
compare to week 10
compare to week 11
compare to week 12
compare to week 13
compare to week 14  
compare to week 15
compare to week 16 
compare to week 17
compare to week 18
compare to week 19 
compare to week 20 
compare to week 21 
compare to week 22
compare to week 23

1 comment:

  1. Lol!!! Loved this post, I can not wait to show Miguelito the Zombie land :) He will be ecstatic!! Xavi and Sophia are adorable, and when I do make it out there you have got to take us to Zombie land :) I love getting scared, y eso que soy una miedosa :)

    Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016