about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Friday, December 17, 2010

Seasons Change Week 14

Season:  one of the four periods of the year (spring, summer, autumn, and winter), beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, but geographically at different dates in different climates.

Every morning on our way to my daughters school  we go past a ranch with a long row of big trees that surely change with the seasons but we hardly notice.  My kids and I have decided to embark on a project that will help us notice that gradual change on the trees.  My daughter Sophia  will take at least a weekly picture after school for a whole year, I will post it on my blog entry on Fridays and my little one Xavi wants in it too so he will take a picture of some cows from a different ranch and improve his picture taking skills.



We had a drop in temperature this week and also some rain.  Some more rain is in the forecast for this weekend also which is good! Christmas is almost here yay! Pictures taken on 12-16-10 Can you believe on week one  when we started documenting three months ago these trees were so green and full of leaves?? 


As far as the cows we don't know what happened??  They're all gone...where?? we don't know.  We have not seen one all of this week.  Now my kids are on a secret mission to figure out the case of the missing cows.


We start our Holiday vacation today.  Two whole weeks off school and work.  So probably no tree pictures for the Holidays.  We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

compare to week 1
compare to week 2
compare to week 3
compare to week 4
compare to week 5
compare to week 6
compare to week 7
compare to week 8
compare to week 9
compare to week 10
compare to week 11
compare to week 12
compare to week 13

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the holiday vacation time with them!

    This seems so early, though!! When do they go back to school? My daughter's first day off is December 23, and she goes back on January 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... This is so cute ; ) Sophies and Xavis expressions are so cute -Hmmmm... Where are the cows??? Off from school ahhh you lucky guys.Enjoy disfruten mucho mi querida amiga ;) Happy Holidays ;) but you will hear from me so not yet!!! Cuidate y muchos abrazos Clau xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kary! We sure need to sleep in a bit (for me is still only a bit 'cause I still get up early!)

    Medical Librarian my daughter will be back to school on Jan. 3rd also. She gets two weeks off! yes!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016