about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Menudomania

Menudo:  A Puerto Rican boy band that achieved much success especially during the 1980's becoming the most popular Latin America's teen musical group of the era!

I was a tween going into my teenage years! I was 12 and it lasted for  me until I was about 15 or 16.   Awww great music!! lovely bubble gum pop!  And yes, I was there!  Listening to their music, buying their records, clipping their pictures out of magazines, making scrapbooks, watching their movies, tuned up to their radio station hours, raising money to buy tickets to go to their concerts ( I went to two of them).  Hard core fan I was!

Fifteen years later I even went to  El reencuentro which was the name that six ex--members used for their comeback concert remembering menudos golden era.  I went with my aunt which was my partner in crime and we took along my sis who is 13 years younger then me and was just a baby when menudo was shinning.  With great surprise and found there one of my best friends in middle school sitting right  there next to my booth!  We haven't talked in a long time and we were both there reunited by this great band.   At the reencuentro I shed tears, tears of happiness reminiscing  good memories, old friends, broken hearts,  middle school crushes such as my  P.E.  teacher and the principal's son as I was always shooting for the stars you know!!

I play their music all the time now and my son and daughter enjoy it as much as I do.  I'd like to share one of my favorite songs with you titled "Dulces Besos"  "Sweet Kisses"  that precisely talks about middle school love!

3 comments:

  1. Menudo!!!!!
    Subete a mi Moto.....
    So cool that you got to see them in concert ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! you're one of mine! Yes I went to two of their concerts I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONVIVENCIA CON RENE FARRAIT Y RICKY MELENDEZ
    EL 5 DE NOVIEMBRE DEL 20011 EN MEXICO DF.
    DISFRUTEMOS JUNTAS DE LA COMPAÑIA DE NUESTROS QUERIDOS RENE Y RICKY FESTEJAREMOS SU CUMPLEAÑOS!!!!, NO TE LO PIERDAS LA PASAREMOS SUP.
    COMUNICATE CON OLGA MANRIQUEZ A lilimm_ray@hotmail.com cel:0445521728510
    CON DELIA BARRERA delydolfy@yahoo.com.mx cel:o44551919464

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016