about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Featured artist Molly from JerseysFreshest

Hello everybody, this Sunday I bring to you Molly from JerseysFreshest.  Molly's shop is full of her paper creations such as cards, notebooks and wall art.  Everything is handmade by her.  Please enjoy the interview and stop by her shop to see her ingenious and lovely creations.

1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
I’m a mom, a wife, and and artist. I’m a trained painter, but make anything and everything that I can get my hands into.



2. What do you sell?
I sell mostly cards, but also wall art, and handmade journals...all paper goods.


Mini handmade journal
3. Why handmade?
For most of my life I have felt the need to create. The connectedness that comes while making something with my hands is almost unreal; something I have only experience while in the process of making. I have heard this sensation referred to as “intellectual rapture”--so, I would say it’s that sensation that drives me to make handmade goods.




4. Where does your inspiration to create come from and/or your inspiration in life?
My inspiration comes mostly from nature, and it’s systems, which deal a lot with geometry. I love looking at an object, seeing it for what it is, but then looking closer, to see the complexity that makes up the whole.


Blank note card set of 8 PEEKING Cards
5. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
I’m a stay-at-home-mom/housewife.This may seem old fashioned, but my husband and I firmly believe in having someone to take care of things on the home-front while he is at work or away on deployment. That in itself is a full-time job.




6. When did you start thinking you were an artist?
I remember really identifying as an “artist” when I was about 12 years old. My parents, however remember seeing the signs when I was much younger.


Happy Birthday Sweetpea
7. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
When it comes to craft in general, the most influential people are my grandparents--my grandmother used to sew A LOT, and my grandfather paints, and makes wooden items, both functional and non. He used to build horse wagons, furniture for his home, and sculptures of horses.

Honestly, though, when I first started making items for my etsy shop, I was my own inspiration--everyone else kind of thought it was silly...When I would talk about ideas, or make something new, the person’s voice would rise and octave and say something like, “ohhh, that's cute.” Now though, my husband is my rock. He supports my endeavors 100 % and helps out a lot with any event planning, and even some brainstorming.


Coffee Bean Hand Cut Art
8. Where would you like to be in five years?
hmmm...one moment, while I head off to dream land...I’d like to own a brick and mortar something--either an art supply store or a coffee shop.

9. Is there anything you'd like to try doing that you haven't done? crafts, sports, life in general?
I’m always looking for new crafts to try--I would love to learn to sew better....and make a quilt some day.....oh, and for my big life dream, I’d like to try farming.

10. Besides online where else do you sell?
I’ve sold at craft fairs, and have also sold my work to two small brick and mortar stores; one in NY and one in MI.



Ways to contact you:


email: jerseysfreshest@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Molly's work is so pretty! She does such amazing handcutting!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016