about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Featured artist Grace from CottonAki

This Sunday I bring to you Grace from CottonAki.  She owns an etsy shop full of clothing and accessories for babies and moms made out of beautiful fabrics!  In this interview she also shares her love for helping others using her skills (question 9).   I am beyond delighted that she shares craft hope with us.  I invite you to check out their website in hopes that you are able to help.  I am sure you won't regret it, somebody will be thankful for your help!

1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
My name is Grace. I live in Seattle, Washington. I like to sew, bake, crochet, knit and making jewelry. I love all kinds of crafts.
I opened my etsy shop in Oct. of 2012. I love to create new things. To play with fabrics and see how they go together, or don't. My goal is to offer something different. Each day I look forward to making something new that someone will just love to have. I spent a lot of time on my shop and the goods I make. Each piece you find in my shop is made one at a time with beautiful natural materials and in very few quantities. I hope people will love my works.

Linen and cotton blend embroidered shoulder bag
2. What do you sell?
I sell baby booties at beginning, and then I start to sell more baby related items. Like bib, burp cloth, reversible pinafore, mitten and hats. Now, I also sell one of a kind bag and cellphone pouch/camera pouch, hair accessories and more. I do accept custom orders. I like challenges.



3. Why handmade?
I absolutely love and enjoy sewing. I find that fabric is the most generous and wonderful material ever.
I have been giving my friends and family handmade gifts and they love it. I guess it is because it is unique!

Embroidered phone sleeve
4. Where does your inspiration to create come from and/or your inspiration in life?
My inspiration comes from everything around me. My friends also inspire me. Other things that inspire me and that I enjoy are books, movies and traveling. I have to say I love art and craft when I was a kid.
My father always said I draw really well when I was a kid.

5. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
I am a full time housewife. Beside my online business, my main activity is running the household.

6. When did you start thinking you were an artist?
I don’t consider myself an artiest yet. I think I still have a lot to learn.

7. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
I've had a teacher who inspired me the most.

Sheep Phone  Sleeve
8. Where would you like to be in five years?
I don’t really have answer to this question yet, because life is short.  What the most important thing to me is focusing on what’s happening now.  I am open to all kinds of new opportunities!

Baby toddler reversible tunic
9. Is there anything you'd like to try doing that you haven't done? crafts, sports, life in general?
I have always wanted to help others. I feel great that I can use my skills to help others! I have been donating some goods I make to craft hope or some local community for people who need them. Especially in winter, they always need hats or mitten to keep them warm.

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples." -- Mother Teresa


10. Besides online where else do you sell?  My etsy shop is the only shop I'm running currently.

ways to contact you:

2 comments:

  1. What sweet, lovely work! And yes, the most important thing is focusing on what's happening NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her work is really unique! It is whimsical, yet pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016