about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mailboxes for February week 1

I am so excited to let you know my new challenge for the rest of the year.  As I did on Seasons Change and Seasons Change Second Edition I will post a picture every Thursday, but this time I will have a monthly theme, I will also try to pair it with a poem or a quote or some words of inspiration.

I will start with mailboxes for the month of February.  I am fascinated when I see old and rusty mailboxes, it makes me wonder what kind of mail do they get, do they ever get a love letter, a Birthday card or just bills?? or they get any mail at all in this digital age?

 Ah!  It's so weird how I am always coming up with my own challenges right?  I hope you enjoy this journey with me.


A letter always seemed to me like immortality because it is the mind alone without corporeal friend.  ~Emily Dickinson


12 comments:

  1. Interesting grouping of mailboxes Claudia! It is so sad how society has gone away from letter writing with e-mail and such these days. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sad indeed Miss Val and now we won't have Saturday mail either :(

      Delete
  2. Such an intriguing group of mailboxes; you have to wonder who goes to them! This new challenge of yours is fascinating Claudia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a desert area and people do live up on the mountains, I was just so fascinated how far away they have to go to pick up their mail. I am glad you liked the challenge :)

      Delete
  3. what a great photo with the mailboxes stacked up like that! and I always love a good Emily D quote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Congrats on new challenge! Great colors and good angle of photo ;) P.S. Now I remember, I should keep your mail box busy... ups...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just out a smile on my face! I am glad you liked the challenge :)

      Delete
  5. oh sounds like fun! sorry I haven't been around much but my head is really all over the place. I leave with my son on Monday and we are trying to get a car registered before leaving :/ Hope you have been well and that you find some amazing mailboxes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love photos of mailboxes. I'll enjoy following along with you on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016