about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Monday, April 9, 2012

Featured artist: Jelena from Lariata

I am very pleased to introduce to you today Jelena from  Lariata , she's been on this segment before as a translator and now is her turn to answer the questions. Please enjoy this interview, by the way I have to tell you how much I like the first photo she sent I sure would like to be there someday!!


1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
I'm Jelena Mumm from the shop Lariata I live in Estonia, East of Europe, in beautiful place named National Park Lahemaa, that means "The Cool Earth." It's wonderful to be close to the nature and the fresh air. I'm a mother of two and a freelancer, do my work at home office.

2. What do you sell?
In my shop I sell jewelry and little accessories made of seed beads, swarovski crystals and semiprecious stones. Also I design beading patterns, because sometimes I need much colors around me, especially when we have the long and white snowy winters.

3. Why handmade?
I love to create beautiful items with my hands, it is wonderful feeling to see beautiful items around myself and know, that is made with soul and positive emotions.

4. Where does your inspiration to create come from and/or your inspiration in life?

Inspiration is everywhere - in the nature such plants and animals, in my children's dream, in my feelings, in a beautiful fabric pattern, just try to keep open eyes and wonder the world.

Pearl Cluster Hat Pin Brooch/Shawl pin
5. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
I have part time job and working as an analyst of occupational health and safety in a medical center. Since my work requires analytical thinking it is hard to do work full time, so the handmade means for me a creative recreation.

Turquoise and Freshwater Pearl Blossom Earrings
6. When did you start thinking you were an artist?
I don't use the word “artist” to describe myself, because I'm not sure that I'm an artist. When I create something, all time I learn something new in the process. In my mind, the artist knows very well, what he does, but I don't, I just create new handmade items, because my soul needs them.

7. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
My family always support me in all things I do. And that was my grandmother who taught me to love handmade, I wonder how much things she can do - sewing, crocheting, knitting, embroidering, tatting. All items she makes are always perfect.

8. Where would you like to be in five years?
I am happy to be where I am right now. In five years, I hope to be doing more: I want teaching others, learn some new techniques of other handmade types and more traveling.

 

9. Is there anything you'd like to try doing that you haven't done? crafts, sports, life in general?
I have a big plan for all my life. The next step I want learn Spanish and do yoga. In old age I dream to live near the warm sea and have much of sun.

10. Besides online where else do you sell?
I sell only online, sometimes I participate in local exhibitions.

Ways to contact you:
*shop* 
*website*
*blog*
*twitter*
*facebook*
and *facebook*
* email *





Mermaid's Beadwoven Fringe Necklace with Freshwater Pearls and Shells
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016