about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Season's Change Second Edition...Spring Week 5

For a whole year I will try to find the awesomeness 
included in all four seasons,
perhaps the weather or a nature shot...
maybe display the holidays in turn
who knows?
The sky is the limit.
More Spring in my garden...yes please!
I don't know the name of this lovely flower but I love the rich color.
My mom gave them to me and I planted them after last summer was over I think.  Her garden is full of them, I know they only bloom once a year so I am hoping that they will survive the heat over the summer so I can watch them bloom next Spring.

Now you see that blurred little shrub in the back?  Now that is my chili plant.  What is a Mexican household without a chili plant right??  Well, to be honest I don't eat chili it's really my husband that likes to eat it.  I eat salsa but not too hot.
 
Anyways, during last Fall a terrible plague or pest almost killed it, all of its leaves fell and all was left was a dried stick.  But it is thriving and blooming so hopefully we can have a nice not so spicy salsa over the summer.

How is your Spring and blooms coming along my dears?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower. It looks like a breed of lily, although I am not totally sure! Yay for the chili plant bouncing back. You will be able to have a great homemade salsa season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "amarilis", my Mom always had them, and I have them also ;) Great flower, doesn't need so much care, and it blooms over and over again! I have them in pot, so after bloom stop watering them, and keep dry and dark until new leaves come up. But outdoors you just leave them, they are great survivors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. siga my friend thanks for the info and recommendation!

      Delete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016