about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Monday, February 27, 2012

Featured artist: Igor from ArtStich

I came across this shop  named Artstich and contacted the owner.  Jelena is the owner she also helps her step dad Igor with the selling of his handmade lovely handmade journals. For those writers out there would you like to get your hands on one of these?? Jelena also helped him with the translation of this interview.  I'd like to thank Jelena who did wonderful doing double work here she was very helpful.  She also has another shop named lariata where she sells handmade jewelry.

1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
Hi, my name is Igor. I live in Estonia, Europe. Our family is not big, just me with my lovely wife and stepdaughter with her children. Currently we have a small rustic house, which is located in a very beautiful national park. It's wonderful to be close to the nature.

Igor and Jelena's son
2. What do you sell?
I love to do journals, notebooks and sketchbooks. Usually I prefer to use only natural materials as linen and cotton. Because I do them myself, it's easy way to do the journal that I need. For example, I have done journal with upcycled assorted paper like lined paper, color paper, pages from scheduler, music sheets, old maps and others. So each time I turn a page I have a different combination of papers. It's funny!

Recycled handmade leather journal
3. Why handmade?
I think that everyone sometimes wants to make something himself. Because he or she needs the beauty around, the convenience, to feel a self  artist, who can create, not only use.

4. Where does your inspiration to create come from and/or your inspiration in life?
I spend all day in nature, I see many birds, animals, insects around me. If I could I want to be writer to create novels about nature.




5. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
I'm a builder, reconstruct homes, make repairs.

6. When did you start thinking you were an artist?
I do not see myself as an artist. I just do what I do.

Recycled Blue Denim Jeans Handmade journal
7. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
My stepdaughter told me, that she has a shop on Etsy and helps me to fill and maintain it. She said that my beautiful journals must see the world :)


Handmade journal Sketchbook fabric cover in brown, lacy

8. Where would you like to be in five years?
Today should be better than yesterday and tomorrow better than today.  I work for achieving this goal both in career & personal life.

9. Besides online where else do you sell?
At the moment I am only online. I've never tried to go to a craft fair.

Large Journal Sketchbook Lace fabric cover
 ways to contact you:

                                                     * shop * email *

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much to both of you Jelena and Igor I love the answer to the why handmade question "the need to feel as someone who can create and not only use" Best of luck to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, it is amazing and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasy! All very different, all very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016