about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Monday, February 20, 2012

Featured artist: Sorina from BijuBrill

This Monday I'd like you to meet Sorina from BijuBrill She has an splendid shop where she sells beautiful leather and crystal jewelry she also just recently opened another shop RenaBags where she sells gorgeous leather handbagsPlease enjoy this interview ;)

1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
I'm a simple person that likes beautiful things. :-) I live in Europe, Romania, in a beautiful town surrounded my mountains called Brasov . I'm a detailed-oriented person, I have studied Psychology and I've always enjoyed drawing, painting and handcrafting. So I started to develop my hobby into a small business by making handmade jewelry.

Sweet Cream Leather Flowers Necklace with Pearls
 2. What do you sell?
I have first started with Swarovski crystals jewelry and than began to work with leather. Now I work with both. I love them equally so I do not want to choose one instead of the other.
I like to create modern jewelry, I've always loved big statement jewelry and I try to spread this trend amongst women. Now I have started a new project with my dear friend and we also sell leather bags and purses.

3. Why handmade?
 I believe that artists (although I have never studied Art School I consider myself an artist :-) ) are able to express themselves through their work and handmade products are the expression of the artist's talent and vision. That's why I love handmade, because it has something personal, it is unique and it has nothing to do with mass production.

 4. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
I also have a more serious day job, but I get to organize my own time as I am self employed. But It has nothing to do with art :-)

5. When did you start thinking you were an artist?
After starting to create my first pieces of jewelry I got so many compliments from so many people, that actually made me think that I must have some talent and I shouldn't waste it.

6. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
I must say that my teacher from 4th grade, and than my art teacher from 5th grade, that always supported me and sent me to art competitions. From there on, I kept on drawing and never stopped.

Leather Flower Bouquet Necklace with Swarovsky Crystals and Pearls
 7. Where would you like to be in five years?
I really can not say, my life experience has taught me that long term goals are highly possible to fail, so I keep my visions closer to the present. :-)

8. Is there anything you'd like to try doing that you haven't done?
crafts, sports, life in general?
I'd like to travel more around Europe. There are so many wonderful countries to see ( I have visited a few, but I would like to revisit as an adult). and so many different cultures. I love traveling. I am not that much into sports, but I would like to go diving to see the underwater world.

Angelina Jolie inspired emerald earrinngs
9. Besides online where else do you sell?
 I also sell in a small boutique in France and another in Germany.

ways to contact you:

8 comments:

  1. Sorina's leather work is amazing. I love the bold, floral necklaces! I also love her philosophy on goals. Life sometimes leads us places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature. The necklases are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous interview.Congrats on you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interview... love your work, Sorina!

    (proud owner of a beautiful beautiful BijuBrill necklace)

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016