about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Featured artist Jill from No Sweat Coasters

For this Sunday I introduce to you Jill, she has two etsy shops No Sweat Coasters and South Culture Gifts very well stocked with coasters, magnets and trivets of all kinds.  Great handmade items that would make lovely gifts for your loved ones.  Honestly I had such a hard time deciding which four items to feature here.  Read, enjoy the interview and go check her shops so you know what I am talking about :)


1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
Hi! My name is Jill. I live in Louisville, KY (my favorite place on earth) with my daughter Cara, boyfriend Sam and our two dogs Woody an English Bulldog and Dixie a Miniature Pinscher Pitt Bull mix.


Alfred Hitchcock movie coasters
 2. What do you sell?
I make and sell coasters, magnets, trivets and anything else that inspires me at the moment.

3. Why handmade?
 I wouldn’t trade handmade for anything. I think it gives items a sense of personality that you just can’t find anywhere else.

4. Where does your inspiration to create come from and/or your inspiration in life?
There’s beauty everywhere so I can’t say that it comes from any one place. My daughter, music, the river, flea markets; you name it.

Nautical Anchor Octopus and Compass coaster set
5. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
I do have a full time job, for now. But I’m working toward making my passion my career. More and more I find myself saying “I just don’t have time to go to work.”

6. When did you start thinking you were an artist?
Ha, I’ve never thought of myself as an artist; there are just so many amazing, talented artists out there. I have always been creative, friends used to tease me that I wouldn’t throw anything away. You just never know what you will need for your latest project.

Wine bottles and wine glass coasters
 7. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
Sam has really pushed me into making a career of my craft work. I think he thought I needed something to do other than remodel the house.

8. Where would you like to be in five years? In my (imaginary for now) craft cottage making coasters and turning trash into treasure full time. That would be a dream.

9. Is there anything you'd like to try doing that you haven't done?
crafts, sports, life in general?
Oh my gosh, that is one long list! I get to mark things off now and then and I promised my daughter we would skydive together for her 18th Birthday.

10. Besides online where else do you sell?
In the fall I like to do local art fairs and craft shows, seems like there’s one every weekend in Louisville. And we have an awesome open air flea market called The Flea off Market monthly that I always try to make.


Butterfly coaster set


Ways to contact you:
::No Sweat Coasters::
::SouthCultureCoasters::
::facebook::
email 502jill@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016