about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Monday, September 26, 2011

Featured artist: cupcaketree

Wouldn't you like to go around the world stamping your name all around??  I would!  Not graffiti, no! I mean a beautiful custom stamp with your name of favorite design on it!  Today I bring you Olga from cupcaketree.
Hope you enjoy this interview and this great artist.

1. Tell us as little or as much as you would like about yourself.
I am a stay-at-home mom of 2 sweet kids. My youngest just started Kindergarten this year, so I am getting used to having a little bit of time to myself these days!

2. What do you sell?
Hand carved rubber stamps and ink pads.

new for halloween
                       
3. Why handmade?
What other way is there? Anyone can buy a machine-made stamp, but a hand carved stamp it a tiny work of art.

4. Where does your inspiration to create come from and/or your inspiration in life?
Looking at real world objects inspires me. Everywhere I look there is a new stamp to create.

new for teachers
5. Besides creating what else do you do? Do you have a full time job?
This business has turned in to a full time job. My kids and family come first, but creating in this job has been wonderful.

6. When did you start thinking you were an artist?  After people kept saying it to me, I realized that maybe this was something special. Crafting is something that I have always enjoyed, and it just amazes me that I am able to create these little stamps that people can enjoy for years.


7. Who has been most influential in your craft work?
My kids have brought out a lot of craftiness in me. The coloring pages, markers, PlayDoh... ideas just swirl in my head thinking of it...

  best selling




















8. Where would you like to be in five years?
Wow... I don't know if I want to think that far ahead! My daughter will be in high school! I would be happy doing exactly what I am doing today.

one of Olga's favorites!





 9. Is there anything you'd like to 
try doing that you haven't done?
crafts, sports, life in general?

I frequently walk around Joanns to try to find a craft that I have not tried. I love looking around Etsy to see what others have created, it has given me so many ideas (much like starting this stamp carving). It is a beautiful place to sell handmade, I am proud to be part of it. 

10. Besides online where else do you sell?
Etsy is the only place that I sell right now. I have thought of selling at local venues, but my shop keeps me pretty busy, so that is where I will be.


ways to contact you:
shop: cupcaketree

3 comments:

  1. How fantastic! I like all the designers you bring to us. These I think are my favourite. For certain I'll check out her shop, I think my friend would love a stamp like this for her save the date envelopes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué bonito trabajo hace Olga, pero por el momento no quiero ni ir a verlo porque estoy en números rojos ya con la tarjeta, soy de lo peor, una compradora compulsiva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. The stamps are so sweet. I like to buy hand carved stamps if I can. They are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016