about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Storefronts for March Week 1

Storefronts in my new theme for the month of March, honestly I could take pictures of mailboxes all year but one must move on.

Hemet is such a retirement community we have the smallest of the smallest shopping malls.  Our Department Stores are Sears and JC Penney and I swear Super Walmart is bigger than them.  Don't get me wrong I love the city and have everything I need  here.  The question is where do I get my retail therapy??

Thrift shops!!, I have plenty of them all thorough the city and usually make weekly trips.  I've learned that if I am unsure about something and don't buy it immediately  it chances are I won't find it the following day.  It is a great way to recycle and reuse things.  Great way to save money help others because some of these shops help organizations or charities.   I also started growing my etsy sales with treasures I find in these places like my moncyfinds section, my paper section, repurposed fabric section in my shop.  Visiting thrift shops keeps me busy, and has helped grow my creativity side.  So in the  month of March I will share with you storefronts in Hemet.


Shopping is a woman thing.  It's a contact sport like football.  Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.  
~Erma Bombeck

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love thrift shops ... I find so many fun things. and that quote from Erma Bombeck is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrift shops are the best! I have a Salvation Army store nearby that I like to pop into. I have found some amazing things there and the money goes to charity!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016