about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Knotted headband

Yes it's that time of the month ladies!!  Time to share the crochet along project.  Alycia started a new blog Habitual Homebody.  This time we worked on a knotted headband,  free pattern on All About Ami.

I did vertical rows of sc crocheting in only the front loops creating a ribbed look.
I crocheted a bit too long :(   
so it's a bit loose on my head.

It was a very easy project.
To be honest this headband is not something 
that I would wear very often, 
but I really was excited to do it, it might be something that my sister, my daughter or my nieces would wear.

 I really wanted to sport it for you guys in a picture today
but honestly I am not having a good hair day and maybe my insecurities in trying something new.

Anyways here is my knotted headband.




Come and check out the rest of the knotted hairbands

17 comments:

  1. I like the look of the ribbing! Looks neat! And great colour choice. ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ribbing too! You've made it look more delicate than the original, I like the colour too! I also understand about the bad hair day, I'm glad I took my photo the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! i also realized i won't be wearing mine too much because my hair just looks incredibly dorky with it it lol but i enjoyed making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the vertical rows. It was really hard to make sure I made mine the right size while doing it horizontally. The first one I made was too big, had to rip it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean working horizontally even vertically mine was a little too big and I was too lazy to fix it :/

      Delete
  5. It looks good. I think most of us haven't included pictures wearing it - we must all be a bit self-conscious of having our photos taken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession: I do hate having my picture taken :(

      Delete
  6. I looks great Claudia! It is such a practical thing to make for any lady too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks like a fun project! I've started using my crochet needles with wire - oh boy, its weird to be looping with wire. Very cute headband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wire ah? wire instead of yarn? interesting!

      Delete
  8. This is so sweet, and your stitches are so neat -- a very wearable piece. I haven't crocheted in a million years lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also made a headband for the crochet along and although I doubt I'll wear it very often like you, im really enjoying making something easy and fun and love seeing everyone else's versions :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy and fun are the keywords Allison! I really don't care for wearing it much :0

      Delete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016