about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Saturday, January 28, 2012

KIVA

Last week I was contacted by one of my etsy's customers.  He had 5 calendars he wanted me to make into envelopes.  I agreed, he said he only needed one set and I could keep the rest of the calendars for my business.  

Now those calendars are from an organization called kiva. Kiva is an non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.  With as little as $25 you can make a loan to an individual and motivate him/her grow her/his business.  Hey I am a mommyprenuer who runs her owns business!! I know the great feeling of making a sale.  

I really liked the concept.  I told my customer that as soon as I get out of some small debt (nothing major thank goodness!)I would register to become a member and make a loan.  So as kind as he is, he send me a kiva certificate of $25 to redeem it and make a loan!  I cannot describe the feeling that overwhelmed me when I was done with the whole process.  So many people in need, too hard to choose.  I had just helped somebody to fulfill her dream of growing her own business.  Now I know it was not really my money, so the money from the sale of the rest of the sets from the kiva calendars will go directly to my next loan.

So here are the envelopes from those calendars:




If anybody interested in the envelopes I have three sets left or if interested in joining the organization shoot me
an email claudiaaguilar_99@yahoo.com so that I can send you an invite!  You can surely make a difference in someone's life.

Give to everyone who begs from you, and do not refuse anyone who wants to borrow from you. --Matthew 5:42

4 comments:

  1. That is brilliant - thanks for sharing! very glad to have discovered your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estupendas las cosas que nos dejas, como siempre un placer haber vuelto por tu casa.

    Saludos y un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016