about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring break and life...

The kids have a week off for Spring break.  So they are sound asleep as I type all three of them yay!  We went to the drive in last Friday and watched Batman vs. Superman.  Javier had taken the kids to the movies and Valeria did take them too but I haven't been to the movies since Emma was born so we thought the drive-in was a nice option for me to join in the fun.  Sure enough Emma fell asleep and as a confession I almost did too.  I made a comment on the way home that I was really expecting my man Robert Downy Jr. AKA Iron Man to be in it...you know super heroes?  Xavi explained that this was the League of Justice Iron man is in the Avengers.  Oh ok sowhat do I know about super heroes then?

The most amazing thing happened while at the drive-in.  Out of nowhere came this red ball of fire in the sky that disappeared behind the big screen!  I've never ever seen a wishing star before, it was humongous Javier and Sophia saw it as well.  Xavi, well he was into the movie. So that was astonishing,  I hope I wished my dream on time. 

I was due for labs for my hemoglobin A1C levels six month period.  I am now more than ever conscious about the things I eat but once in a while depending on my emotions I really let go and let's just say indulge...and sometimes when I am feeling low I plain don't care and eat whatever but then guilt comes later. I was thinking that I messed things up with all the Easter chocolates and goodies this weekend but labs came back and I am within normal range. Yay!

In Emma's news, she is still not walking.  Nobody is rushing her. She holds on to whatever is at hand and pulls herself up, holds on to the coffee table and "walks around it" holding on it.  She also cruises around the kitchen holding onto the dishwasher and the fridge leaving tiny hand prints...sigh.  She did take a step a few days back but decided she is not ready.  She loves to play with her plastic cups and bowls and stacks them or puts them inside each other then dumps them.  Then do it again.  She does this in the kitchen while I cook. My little helper there.
Here you can see she found the piano keyboard and of course wanted to see what it was all about.  She is so curious about everything. and is imitating what other people does.  I love that stage :)

Talking about music Xavi has come a long way with his trumpet lessons.  He comes home and shows me what he's learned and also learns new songs from watching you-tube for example the Stars Wars Theme. Just last week he was playing the Ode To Joy.  Oh I know that song I learned it Middle school I told him.  I said bring out your recorder and we can play it together.  
No.  
He said bluntly. 
No hard feelings Xavi ho hard feeling.

Sophia wants to look for a job :/  She's researched for companies that hire 14 year olds.  She has also researched about child labor laws.  Oh this child of mine.  One thing is for sure this Summer she will go and volunteer at the Public Library but if it was a paid job of course she'd be more happy. She turned in a job application at Baskin Robbins.  Chances are slim that she will land a job at this age,.  She has no need to get a job but I applaud her for trying.

Well that's it for now my friends I hope you've had a nice week so far and higher hopes for a better weekend!

2 comments:

  1. fun! I haven't been to the drive in since I was a kid. Hope your wish comes true :) love that pic of Emma - so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma is adorable! I think I would fall asleep during Superman versus Batman too. LOL They make those movies too long for me! It has been a long time since I have seen a shooting star. They are magical. It is amazing how foods affect us physically and emotionally. Easter eating screwed up my body for a couple of days but I'm feeling normal again. Xavi must be having fun learning new music. :) Good for Sophia! I had miscellaneous jobs before turning 16 like delivering newpapers, babysitting and working at the town beach concession stand. The good old days! It is fun earning your own money at a young age.

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016