about about shops fave blogs features tutorials

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seasons Change Second Edition...Spring Week 7

For a whole year I will try to find the awesomeness 
included in all four seasons,
perhaps the weather or a nature shot...
maybe display the holidays in turn
who knows?
The sky is the limit.

This pond is right next to my house.  On a good rainy season you would not believe it but it overflows to the street!! Not this year unfortunately.  You see that tube going up the hill?  The City feeds water to it or pumps water out.  Pond life happens here, all kinds of creatures live here birds, ducks, frogs, toads and tadpoles I am sure.  When we first moved here and discovered what what that noise at night I got a queasy stomach just at the thought of so many frogs and toads together...now I am used to it.

It's funny because right after it gets dark a single loud call by one of them gets the rest started on the croaking.
And then the symphony it's all night long.
I think the call means they are looking for a mate...ugghh! 
mating frogs...ugghh again!

Now we've found stray ones in the garage or in our garden area.  Just yesterday I saw one in the front porch, I wonder how it got there??  get back I tell it I don't want any problems.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia! I love your posts about seasons changing. It's really interesting because we have such another nature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jelena! I've lived in this valley surrounded by mountains for almost three years now, before I lived near the Pacific Ocean in Tijuana Mexico and San Diego!

      Delete
  2. I love your little pond! I would love to hear the frogs sing :)We have a turtle pond nearby and Miguelito loves to go and see the turtles all the time!

    Mi Calu i don't know if you got the new URL for my blog but just in case aqui te lo doy :)

    www.cestlaviekarina.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you too!! o haha.. we get frogs and toads here too.. one type spits out this nasty stuff if you bother it -- the cats stay well away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not have frogs around my house but wake up to birds singing in the summer. Sometimes they start around 4:30am...way too early!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put a smile on my face go ahead leave one! :)

 
@moncy3.com 2009-2016